Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Doin' a New Thing!

Isaiah 43:18-19 “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.”

I am holding on to this scripture today as I begin a weight loss plan! I love New Year’s Resolutions because they give us a fresh start. For me this year, it means that I am resolving to draw nearer to God and further from food. I’m pretty sure that’s a good formula, so I’m not worried about failing! Please pray for me if the Lord lays me on your heart, that I will be able to turn to Him during my weak moments and give Him the glory during my strong ones.

If you’re “doing a new thing” this New Year, I’d love to hear about it. I can pray for you too!

With Joy,
Melanie

No comments: