Monday, December 18, 2006

Our Christmas Photo

This year, we opted not to print pictures to put into our Christmas cards. I'm really sorry about this, but hope to do better next year. For now, we are hoping this picture will do. It's a little dark, but hey-when do you ever get to see a Christmas photo where the family is at the beach IN the water at sunset? (Yes the waves are lapping at our ankles, although you can't see it in this picture-just look at the expressions of Callie and A.J.--they say it all!)
If this is your first visit to our blog, thank you so much for taking the time to type in the web address and take a look! I try to update it at least once a month, so be sure to bookmark this website and check back periodically. You can leave a comment to let us know you were here by clicking on the "comments" link under the text. You will see that you have to type in a funny word in order to send your comment; that is to prevent spammers from messing with the blog. You can always email us or even call us on the phone! During the winter, the East coast is 5 hours ahead of us, 4 in central. (In other words, please don't call us when you first wake up or you'll get some pretty drowsy Smiths!)
If you are a regular visitor to our blog, thank for sitting through my little tutorial! And Mahalo for checking in again. It's because you keep coming back that I keep updating it!
We hope you are all enjoying your Christmas celebrations. At our house, we are trying to keep the focus on Jesus. One of the ways we are doing this is setting some time aside most evenings to read through an advent story called Tabitha's Travels. Afterwards we light our advent candles, sing a real Christmas Carol (not jingle bells) and pray together. It's nice to share this time together as a family and reflect on the greatest gift of all-Jesus Christ. If you click on his name there, you can see a 6 minute video that may help you to focus more on the real meaning of Christmas as well. It is REALLY good! (Hint: It's the same video that is just above this post, so you can just view that if you want.) Let us know what you think!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Mel...this is great. I have been checking to see when you would update and then wow...did you update! =))) I love it. I'm so glad you all are being able to enjoy Hawaii so much.

Blessings,
Barb

Anonymous said...

Greeting from Seneca Falls!
We are all happy to hear that everyone is doing well. I can say the same for us here.
The holidays were low-key around here, and that's a welcomed treat for me anyways. Mom and Dad are doing fine as well as the rest of the family.
Just thought I would drop a note to say hello to everyone.
Again, glad all is well.

Tammy
(Harry's cousin)