
A couple of weeks ago, we participated with our church in the Walk for Life event in downtown Honolulu. It was quite an experience! We are not used to urban life having spent the last 6 years in rural areas. There were protesters, mad motorists, honking supporters, and tons of walkers. Although I was happy that we went to support life, I have to admit that I was mainly concerned with not having one of my children run over!
About this picture of Austin...when we first arrived at the capital, organizers were passing out signs for us to carry. Most of us had the "Stop Abortion" signs that were red and in the shape of a stop sign. Well, Austin was just walking along "signless" and someone thrust this board into his hands to carry. Coming from a Republican family, Austin felt funny carrying a sign about Democrats. I'm hoping we eased his mind when we explained that the Pro-Life issue is something that many in both parties agree upon. I couldn't help snapping a quick picture though!
We'll probably participate in the walk again next year. It felt good to put feet to our convictions. However, I'll just need to remember that God is Sovereign in his protection over my own children by keeping them safe on the busy streets as we march for protection for the unborn.

2 comments:
Way to go you guys! We did this as a family in Omaha and it was such a great experience. I look forward to pictures from next year!
Dody
LOL!
He protected our kids, but somehow my feet were not protected from that crack, and my face was not protected from the sidewalk. I still have a touch of that black eye!
Post a Comment